039 | Teaching Modern Manufacturing to K-12 Students | with Darius Melvin & Susan Witt
Joining me today are two wonderful guests from the Buffalo Manufacturing Works. Susan Witt is the STEM Lab Manager for Buffalo Manufacturing Works and who, for the past four years, has been developing and managing a program in a STEM Learning Lab.
With her is Darius Melvin, an educator who came to Buffalo Manufacturing Works to be the STEM Learning Lab Instructor, and he’s going to talk about additive manufacturing, which we’ve discussed recently on the show, as well as advanced automation, and how this all ties into K-12 learning.
What is the future of manufacturing work going to look like for kids, and how do we prepare them for it? That’s what Susan and Darius are helping students with over at Buffalo Manufacturing Works, and what we’re here to talk about today.
- What is Buffalo Manufacturing Works?
- Additive manufacturing and advanced automation
- Keeping kids engaged through experiential, hands-on learning
- Industry-recognized certification through programs
- Working safely
- Creating new programs at home
- Learn more at www.buffalomanufacturingworks.com