56 | Learning in The Wilds & Resources for Homeschooling (When You Didn’t Expect to Be) | with Emily Knapp
When our host Annalies grows up, she wants to be today’s guest: Emily Knapp, the conservation education coordinator at The Wilds, where she has access to a 10,000-acre classroom and facilitates some of the most amazing programs.
In addition to sharing how Emily educates and engages the community through The Wilds, she has a ton of fantastic advice for parents who are, to their surprise, currently homeschooling for the first time.
- The Wild’s homeschool program
- Emily’s advice for parents who are currently stuck at home and teaching their kids
- The flora and fauna that you’ll find at The Wilds
- The Wilds is built on reclaimed land from the AEP Foundation
- What activities are available at The Willds, for both kids and adults
- How kids learn through adventure at The Wilds
- The transformation that Emily sees in kids who participate in multi-day programs
- The Wild’s teen volunteer program, the OWL
- The value of learning how to talk to others, learning how to share a story
- 3 things you should know if you want to start a community-based educational program