- June 8, 2020 - June 12, 2020 - 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- June 22, 2020 - June 26, 2020 - 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Students in Grades 3rd-5th
Mine and craft your mathematics skills with one of today’s most popular video and computer games, Minecraft. Students will partake in a variety of tasks designed to foster their understanding of proportional and algebraic reasoning, scale, and coordinate plane geometry.
Possible tasks may be, but are not limited to the following:
- Build the classroom in Minecraft! What measurements do you need to know and how can we find them? What math do we need to do in order to replicate the room in the game?
- Build a roller coaster or amusement park using redstone components! How steep can we make the roller coaster as it climbs up hills and falls off cliffs? …and what is the math we can use to express those inclines and declines?
- Build a house! You have a certain budget and number of materials you can use… how will you mathematically strategize how to use them?
This one week virtual program runs from 1pm-4pm on June 8th-12th or June 22nd-26th and is open to rising 3rd-5th Graders, ages 8-11.
– Internet Access with access to virtual platform
You will receive an email a week prior to the start of the program with information regarding schedule, logging into the program, supplies as well as the culminating program presentation information.
***Please fill out the student forms located here for participation in this program***
Please review our Cancellation/Refund Policy
Minimum Registration Requirement: If registration for a program offering is less than the minimum number (10), the program will not be offered at that time.