Date and time is TBD due to reschedule|
PAST Innovation Lab
Early IT Microschool powered by PAST Launch Event
The Early IT Microschool Powered by PAST offers a seamless, cost-free pathway for students aged 16 to 22 to gain valuable credentials and attain degrees as they prepare for high-value careers in information technologies. This program is in collaboration with the University of Cincinnati.
Time & Location
Date and time is TBD due to reschedule
PAST Innovation Lab, 1003 Kinnear Rd, Columbus, OH 43212, USA
About This Event
Join us in a revolutionary educational experience that blurs the line between high school, college, and the workforce. Early IT Microschool Powered by PAST offers a seamless, cost-free pathway for students aged 16 to 22 to gain valuable credentials and attain degrees as they prepare for high-value careers in information technologies. We invite parents and students to explore the opportunities at Early IT Microschool
Why Choose Early IT Microschool Powered by PAST?
- Integrated Curriculum: The curriculum combines high school and college-level coursework seamlessly, allowing students to complete a 2- or 4-year degree program at PAST Foundation.
- Work-Based Learning: The program offers hands-on work experiences throughout grades 11 to 14, aligning academic content with real-world skills. Our partnerships with local IT professionals provide students with opportunities for mentorships, internships, apprenticeships, and co-op opportunities (through the University of Cincinnati School of Information Technologies).
- Financial Support: Resources for participation are garnered through Career Technical Funding and/or College Credit Plus options to reduce or eliminate financial barriers for participation.
- Credentialing: Early IT Microschool offers a tiered credentialing system that acknowledges students' progress and achievements. These credentials are recognized by local industries as valuable qualifications to go directly to work in information technology positions.
- Career Counseling: The program provides specialized career counseling and guidance to help students navigate the program and make informed decisions about their future career paths.
Benefits of the Program
- Economic Efficiency: The Early IT Microschool significantly reduces the total cost of a bachelor's degree for students.
- Educational Excellence: The Early IT Microschool improves job readiness for our graduates in partnership with the University of Cincinnati, which is ranked #4 in the nation among all colleges and universities for co-ops and internships by U.S. News & World Report.
- Inclusive Environment: The partners working with the Early IT Microschool program are committed to creating an equal and welcoming environment for all learners, contributing to a more inclusive and equitable tech workforce.
- Innovation: The Early IT Microschool Powered by PAST Foundation serves as a research and development hub for Central Ohio where new possibilities in education can be quickly explored.